August 26, 2014

BACK TO SCHOOL ~ FREEBIE

It's official ~ school is IN!

I wanted to share a few things I've updated around the room as well as my classroom rules.  Last year I started using Whole Brain Teaching rules and this year I decided to update them to my specific needs. 

 #1 - Raise your Hand for Permission to Speak
#2 - Speak Quietly
#3 - Clean Up After Yourself
#4 - Make Good Choices
#5 - Have Fun!






I have one set posted on the wall and one small set on a ring hanging on my teaching easel so I can reference them with the K-2 crowd on the carpet.  I use hand motions and make sure the kids repeat the rules every time they come to class. 

Click for the google doc links of the letter and 1/2 size paper rules.

Love the borders I used?  Find them on Amazon!

  

Good luck to all of you starting back at school!  It'll be October before we even know it :)
~ Kristin

6 comments:

  1. AW Yay! I made a pencil sign just like that a couple of years ago and it's been all over Pinterest. Glad people are finding it helpful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I just pinned this whole page. Thanks so much for the inspriation!

    Nic Hahn, MiniMatisse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is silent start? They have to start working silently?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, after materials are distributed, I turn on the timer for 5 minutes of silent or mostly quiet working time. They are WAY more focused on beginning this way.

      Delete
  4. Really like the silent start idea! Thank you! BTW, I can view the freebie (Whole Brain Art Room Rules), but I'm unable to print or edit. When I go to print, it shows a blank page.
    Requested permission from you on Google. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry it took me a while to get back to you on this - I've been on vacation without technology :)
    I changed the setting - not sure why it was set wrong. Please try it now and let me know!
    Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete