September 20, 2016

ART ROOM PRAYER

Most of my elementary classes start with a prayer.  I borrowed this prayer years ago from another art teacher friend, 

I now prepare to open my heart,
to be creative and do my part.
I offer my talents,
I'm ready to start.
Thank you God, for the gift of art!

and had it typed up on an activeboard slide for the kids to read and memorize.  This past spring my computer was having so much trouble that I could not keep pulling it up from the drive over and over again....soooo frustrating!! 

I considered making a poster, but one day when using my Silhouette Cameo and an idea was born ... post the prayer in vinyl in a place where all can see!



The hardest part was laying it all out...





It took several hours to adhere each word to the shade, but in the end, it's so worth it!! I love having it there permanently, and it's so inconspicuous (it's a grey color) it doesn't scream out at you either.


I just love using vinyl in the classroom.  I'd love to see some of your ways you use vinyl.  
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment