September 17, 2016

ART GAME


Originally posted a few years back when I created it...this behavior tracking game has been resurrected this year after a few years hiatus.  The kids love playing, I keep everyone on the best art room behavior, and bonus, I can sneak in some art history!




You play with Candy Land Rules so it's easy for everyone to play. Just use post it notes for each class.  The reward for winning is a trip to the 'Treasure Box' which has $1 spot erasers and Spirit Monkey Spirit Sticks.


How do you track classroom behaviors with multiple classes?
Give me your thoughts in the comments!

Kristin

2 comments:

  1. How many classes do you have with this game?
    Love the idea, hopefully something I am able to be consistent and keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This game lasted the entire school year with the K-5 crowd; and honestly I WAS sick of it way before they lost interest-- heck, I still had kids asking me to play the last day of school lol! I have 2 levels of each class K-5. Mostly they come once a week. This means it takes them at least one quarter to get through the map if they are a great class. The kids know the rules and can even teach a sub quickly what to do. Sometimes i let the birthday kid pick the card, but usually it's me in case I need to cheat. What I mean by that is that we don't go backwards so if I pull Ancient Egypt and we're already through the Renaissance, I pull another card. Think Candyland for age 3 where they always win ;P. Thanks for the comment, and please let me know if you make one, I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete