May 1, 2014

CHALK PAINT ~ Nightstand Makeover

I'm so excited to share this little makeover project I started during Spring Break on my son's old nightstand, which is now pink for my daughter's room.

This nightstand which was actually part of a set hand me downed to us from his Kindergarten teacher!  I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Scandinavian Pink and her clear wax to seal it.


There is no priming needed with chalk paint, no sanding either; in fact the top of this piece is that kind of very glossy finish on the wood and the paint went right over that no problem!



The hardware originally was an old drawer pull but I had removed them years ago to put on those silver knobs for my son.  To keep it girly, I plugged up the old holes and drilled one new one for the center.  The knob is from World Market - only $3.99!







I was nervous about this project because I read mixed reviews on coverage, application, etc, but it was, no lie, the easiest furniture makeover I've ever done!

I only purchased the sample pots of paint and wax as they are a bit pricey and I wasn't sure I was going to like it.  I still have some paint left and 1/2 the container of wax ~ a little really goes a long way.   I waited a week between painting and waxing, not because you have to, but because it just worked out that way.

I did not experience any paint coming off when I waxed, possibly because of the wait time?  In any case, I also did not use the expensive wax brush, just an old t-shirt to rub on the wax.  Worked perfectly!




I'm absolutely in love with how this turned out and ready to paint more things in my house!  Here's how it looks in her room.


Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment